Wednesday, January 01, 2014

BE IT RESOLVED....



Top Five Across The Land

1.  Lose Weight
2.  Improve Finances
3.  Exercise
4.  Get A New Job
5.  Eat Healthier

So, no argument with any of those.  I plan to do them all, with perhaps the exception of number 4 - however, when one is retired, anything that one does is a "new job."  :-}  I also resolve to shout fewer expletives at the TV when the Nuggets [and occasionally the CU men's basketball team] make bone-headed plays!  Since I never played organized football or hockey, I do not shout at the Broncos or the Avs.  This is not really a resolution, but I hope to win the lottery - suppose that in order to do that, I will have to buy a ticket.  A tentative resolution - I recently learned that the Bolder Boulder gives a ribbon and certificate to runners who complete the 10K in less than their age, so perhaps I will attempt to finish in under 68 minutes.  [Side note - 78-year-old Jose Cardenas ran 49:11!!]. 

Now more seriously, a few meaningful resolutions that should be embraced by all [first published in 1912]
I resolve to be an instrument of peace;
Where there is hatred, I will show love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
I resolve that I will not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

No comments: