Friday, December 13, 2013

MANDELA - I'LL RISE

I posted this song before, but with the death of Nelson Mandela, I thought it would appropriate to put it up again.



You may write me down in history with your bitter twisted lies
 you may tread me down in the very dirt and still like the dust I'll rise
 does my happiness upset you why are you beset with gloom
 Cause I laugh like I've got an oil well pumpin' in my living room

 So you may shoot me with your words you may cut me with your eyes and I'll rise I'll rise I'll rise out of the shacks of history's shame up from a past rooted in pain

I'll rise I'll rise I'll rise

Now did you want to see me broken bowed head and lowered eyes
shoulders fallen down like tear drops weakened by my soulful cries
Does my confidence upset you don't you take it awful hard
cause I walk like I've got a diamond mine breakin' up in my front yard

So you may shoot me with your words you may cut me with your eyes and I'll rise I'll rise I'll rise out of the shacks of history's shame up from a past rooted in pain I'll rise I'll rise I'll rise

So you may write me down in history with your bitter twisted lies
you may tread me down in the very dirt and still like the dust I'll rise
does my happiness upset you why are you beset with gloom
cause I laugh like I've got a goldmine Diggin' up in my living room

So you may shoot me with your words you may cut me with your eyes and I'll rise I'll rise I'll rise out of the shacks of history's shame up from a past rooted in pain I'll rise I'll rise I'll rise

No comments: