Tuesday, September 24, 2013

WALKING ON A MUDDY ROAD

Muddy Road is one of Rhonda's favorite tunes from Walela.  It begins with "We are walking on a muddy road" and Rhonda thought that would be a fitting addition to the grandkids' teepee that is build along the path near our house.  She had wood-burned a sign that says Where Wild Things Are and then added Walking on a Muddy Road to a branch near the entry to the teepee, both shown below.  Perhaps it is Rhonda's Native American heritage that made her work prescient - during the 1000-year rain, Sunshine Creek roared by the teepee, creating a very muddy road indeed.  The teepee survived and the mud has pretty much dried, but it serves as a reminder of the flood of 2013.









We are walking on a muddy road  
Ain't no one here beside me I don't know  
We're the links in the chain Just passin' thru again  
We are walking down a muddy road  
We are walking thru Galilee  
We are lookin' for a light to see  
We got blood on our feet  
We got some truth to meet  
We are walkin' thru Galilee

 Tla Wo Nv No Os Ta I Sa Wi Di Di Lu Ts A Wo Ha Li I U Sti

We're gonna put on our wings and fly
We got one more river to cross 
We are walkin in the hands of God  
We're the clay, the dust, the sod  
We're the slaves of today  
We are the ones who know The Way
We are walking in the hands of God
We got one more river to cross  
We're gonna walk on through the water and sing  
When we get to the other side  
We're gonna put on our wings and fly
We Got one mroe river to cross
We are walking on a muddy road  
Ain't no one here beside me I don't know  
We're the links in the chain  
Just passin' thru again
We are walkin' on a muddy road
 Tla Wo Nv No Os Ta I Sa Wi Di Di Lu Ts A Wo Ha Li I U Sti

2 comments:

Bizzy Brain said...

Speaking of muddy roads, it was a sweet and pleasant win of the Broncos over the Cowboys. Poor Jerry Jones and his galaxy-sized ego. Am surprised he is not dead yet of apoplectic fits.
The Colts continue to disappoint, however. They won one over the Seahawks. One wretched Indianapolis sportswriter (Kravitz) is already talking Super Bowl.

DES said...

Bizzy - pretty much agree with you football sentiments! I think the horse teams clash in a couple of weeks - should be interesting! If I was a betting person, I would likely place my $$ on Manning before Luck.