Saturday, June 02, 2012

IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS

It is hard to accept that our dear friend Ron Wisner has been gone two years.....I sometimes catch myself thinking that I will see him down in the Springs, and then I notice the What A Ride! memorial book on my shelf and am brought back to reality.  So - to iterate some words from his memorial:

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... WOW what a ride.” 



The Wiz Sporting A 'Tache


6 comments:

Catalyst said...

Doug, Thanks for the blog about Ron. Here's to "our brother" in spirit. We all were so blessed to have him in our lives. I also have the memorial book in plain view and think about him every day. May we all continue to live according to "What A Ride!"
My very best, Randy K

Dr S said...

You are most welcome, Randy. I too often think of the Wiz, and the words that run through my mind are "Ron, Ron,...."

Al S said...

Hi Doug: Amen brother.

Cheers Al

Dr S said...

Thanks Al

Bizzy Brain said...

My bike riding is limited to about once a year on Mackinac Island. I did see one of those body over handle bars accidents one time up there. Front brake locked up or some such thing. Bike stopped, rider didn't. He was a youthful, athletic male. Ended up on his back on the asphalt and moved ever so slowly recovering from the shock and getting up. Did not realize that type of accident could be so dangerous. What a terrible shock for Ron's family.

DES said...

Bizzy - I believe that the bike-rider lingo for the over-the-handle bars crash is 'an endo.' Generally not too serious, but obviously bad if one comes down on the neck, which is what happened to the Wiz. Still a shock....