Wednesday, January 18, 2012

ICE CLIMBING

I have never been particularly intrigued by engaging in sporting activities that have a significant risk of severe injury or death.  Hiking Fourteeners with Rhonda, boulder hopping and traversing scree is probably about as risky as it gets for me - just lily-livered I guess!  I do have an admiration for those who are willing to take greater risks since there may be greater feelings of accomplishment.  However, articles in today's Boulder Daily Camera about the life and death of legendary Boulder climber Jack Roberts are a reminder of the risks of mountain, rock and ice climbing.  In reading the stories, I was struck by the beauty of the ice that few folks other than climbers get to see, so here are a few photos of Colorado ice:

The Fang at Vail

Ouray

Hidden Falls

Ouray

No comments: