Saturday, December 10, 2011

10 MILLION VERSUS 10 THOUSAND

I noted on Jerry Coyne's "blog" [he doesn't like the term] that sometime this weekend his site will surpass the 10 million pageview mark.  Most interestingly, this weekend will also mark the 10,000 pageview mark on this blog!  Needless to say, Jerry is indeed about three orders of magnitude more interesting than I am, but it probably helps a bit that he is one of the top 50 atheists in the world and writes about controversial topics.  However, I appreciate the fact that he also writes about music, cowboy boots, food and his favored felines.  Now, I just have to figure out a strategy to close the gap.........

7 comments:

hoosierdaddy said...

You forgot to mention what you will be giving to the 10,000th visitor! A signed copy of your Science paper??

Dr S said...

I think that I might have one of those around here, somewhere? {gotta post Weird Al's "I'm Fat" sometime}

DES said...

Jerry eked me out - he hit his 10 million whilst the counter here is at 9997 :-)

Bizzy Brain said...

5,000 of those are probably mine. LOL!

DES said...

Bizzy - Don't give yourself TOO much credit! But thanks for visiting and commenting.

Bizzy Brain said...

Did not know your site had a counter. Congratulations on the number of visits! No, I did not make 5,000 visits, more like five a day.

DES said...

Now if we could only get our friends and relatives to do the same.....