Monday, May 02, 2011

MICHAEL SCOTT MOVES TO BOULDER



I must disclose that I have never watched a single episode of The Office.  Somehow, it never struck me as worth the time.  But, a recent article in the Boulder Daily Camera caught my attention because initially I thought some Hollywood type was moving to Boulder - so, big deal [sarcastically stated].  Then it became apparent that the 'news' was about the fictional character played by Steve Carell.  Here are a few clips from the article:

Michael Scott, the boss on the NBC show "The Office," has officially left Dunder Mifflin Paper Company in Scranton, Pa., and moved to Boulder.  On Thursday night, Scott drove to the airport to get on a flight, headed presumably to Denver International Airport. Once in Boulder, he planned to meet up with fiancée Holly Flax, who moved to take care of her ailing parents.  Now, he's joining an esteemed group of fictitious characters in Boulder, including Mork, who came to Boulder from the planet Ork in the early 1980s sitcom Mork and Mindy. "We certainly welcome (Scott) to Boulder," said Boulder Mayor Susan Osborne. "I will try to see if we can find a key to the city for him."

No comments: